Proper vehicle maintenance doesn't just help extend the life of your vehicle - it can help relieve some of the financial pressure brought on by high gas prices. The following are a few key services our factory-trained auto service technicians can perform to help boost your mpg and fuel economy.
- Check your oxygen sensor. An oxygen sensor is part of your vehicle's emission control system. Replacing a faulty one can improve gas mileage by as much as 40%
- Replace a clogged air filter. All of the dirt, dust and grime have a negative impact on your engine's performance. This simple and often overlooked maintenance can increase fuel efficiency by about 10%
- Get an engine tune-up. Making sure all your systems are operating at their best can save you 4% in fuel efficiency
- Keep your tires inflated to the proper pressure. Making sure your tire pressure isn't too low - or too high - can improve your gas mileage by around 3%
- Get the recommended grade of motor oil. Our experts offer a full line of high-quality oil and filter products from Motorcraft®. Using the one that's right for your vehicle can help improve fuel efficiency by up to 2%
Part 2 - Save fuel on the road
Saving fuel after a visit to your local Quick Lane is just the start. Here are a few things you can be conscious of when you're behind the wheel to help you squeeze a little more out of your gas dollars.
- Avoid aggressive driving - Not only can it be dangerous, but constant speed changes and quick, uneven stops and starts waste a lot of fuel. Taking it easier behind the wheel can improve your gas mileage by as much as 33%
- Remove excess weight - You can save about 2% in fuel efficiency for every 100 lbs. of extra clutter you can remove from your car or truck
- Use your cruise control - It's almost always more fuel efficient to travel at a constant speed whenever possible
- Avoid idling - It's more fuel efficient to turn off your engine when you're waiting in the car Combine trips. Your engine works most efficiently when warmed up